Nailed it!

A failed attempt at cute puff paint designs for traction on crochet booties.

A failed attempt at cute puff paint designs for traction on crochet booties.

All I need is an image where someone else did this better. The wee ones and I puff painted some cute designs on the bottom of the slippers I made this morning in hopes of creating a bit of traction. I read that if it were to dry completely it would be too hard to iron flat, so I gave it 3 1/2 hours to dry, instead of the recommended 4 and then attempted to iron them. First off, if you’ve never ironed acrylic yarn, let me tell you that it darkens when it heats up and looks, for a moment, as though you’ve burnt it beyond recognition. I turned the heat down, fearing I had done just this, but when it cooled again, the color returned. Lesson learned. I will try another tactic for traction on items I hope to sell but in the meantime, my kids may still enjoy these messy little contraptions.

In better news, the gift I worked on for the last few days is done and my eldest still thinks I’m a freak. 

Boo!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s